We will discuss some common questions along with their answers which users keen to know about the Netgear Genie.
How to find the version of the Netgear Genie mobile app?
To check the version of the Genie app on your mobile, connect the mobile to the router’s network and launch the app.
Enter the admin password and click on the ‘Login’ button.
Click on ‘Menu’ from the top left corner of the screen and click ‘About’. The version of the app will be displayed on the screen.
How to connect to the wireless network using the Desktop Genie
- The Wireless adapter must be enabled on the computer.
- Open the Desktop Genie and click ‘Wi-Fi’.
- Select a network from the list of networks and click ‘Connect’.
- You need to enter the login password and press ‘OK’.
- Once it is connected, you will find the same message on the screen.
Desktop Genie app wi-fi status not coming on a wired computer
This is common Netgear Genie Extender login FAQs among different questions and we will try to troubleshoot the problem through below mentioned solution.
Symptoms of this problem: Connection status displays ‘Not enabled’ on wired PC.
Solution: This error message displays if the app detects that the wired connection has been used by the device or the computer for accessing the app. The status of the Wi-Fi depends on the connection type established between the router and the device.
If the Netgear Genie app is accessed through a wireless device or switched to it recently, then the Wi-Fi status will get enabled.
How to disable the remote access using the Netgear genie mobile app?
To disable the remote access through the Netgear Genie mobile app, follow the steps mentioned in the simple language.
- Connect the mobile device to the router’s network.
- Open the Netgear Genie app.
- Hit the ‘Login’ button.
- Enter the Netgear genie login and setup. If you are accessing the router from a different location, then the remote access page will open.
- Enter the login password and press ‘Login’.
- The dashboard displays.
- Move the slider to the left to disable remote access.
If you need further information or support, you can go to the Mywifiext fix webpage.