The most popular Internet marketing strategy that exists in the world today is referred to as social media marketing. It consists of many different promotional variables such as; person to person marketing, video and brand marketing, use of online forums and discussions, content distribution and interaction within various Interest groups.
Social media Internet marketing strategy received its’ popularity as a result of the following factors:
- Social media involves using open communication between an organization and the clients who are interested in it.
- It allows for clients and individuals to publicly evaluate an organizations overall performance.
- Its’ impact can reach a global marketplace.
- It takes minimum effort or cost on the part of the organization to implement. In fact, the only thing that you need in order to implement it, is some social media knowledge.
- Many of its components can be done for free.
The progress and result of the Internet marketing strategy can be measured or evaluated almost instantaneously.
It is the proverbial “paradise” for non profit organizations, yet there seems to be an unwillingness on the part of many non profit organizations to benefit from this type of low cost Internet marketing strategy. This is a huge error on the part of the organization because social media can and does help considerably.
Consequently, it also provides the agency with access to many free and valuable resources that they may in fact be missing out on benefiting from.
There are several reasons that may prevent non profit agencies from jumping on the Internet marketing strategy bandwagon and some of them may be legitimate.